Role: Instrumentation Sales Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
We are recruiting for a full time Instrumentation Sales Engineer based in our office in Haslingden and covering the North West. The salary will depend on experience and qualifications. Core hours for the role will be 40hrs/week Monday to Friday with additional hours if required. This role has arisen from the expansion of our successful instrumentation team and represents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will have sales experience as well as a background of working with a variety of process instrumentation.
The Instrumentation Sales Engineer’s duties will include:
- Maintaining excellent levels of business as well as driving increases in sales within your own area
- Establishing good relationships with customers, proactively informing them of existing and new products and technologies as well as assisting with specification of their requirements
- Arranging visits with customers to present the company and our products
- Arranging and/or performing product demonstrations/training with customers
- Arranging technical services (installation, calibration etc.) where required
- Providing customer technical support where appropriate
- Keeping accurate records of customer contact activities and feedback on business potential
- Seeking new opportunities and applications for other engineering teams
- Working in accordance with company rules and procedures and quality management system
To be suitable for this role, you must possess the following:
- Recent and demonstrable experience of successful product-based sales
- An electrical or mechanical background in process instrumentation, particularly temperature, pressure, flow and level devices
- Highly self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- The ability to develop good working relationships with customers
- Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality and timekeeping
- Full UK driving licence with no more than 3 points
- Experience of working to Quality systems ISO 9001
Business expenses will be reimbursed and the role has an associated company vehicle, mobile phone and laptop etc. Demonstration products would be available where necessary.
To apply, please send your current CV and covering letter including details of salary expectation.