Role: Tendering Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
We are recruiting for a full time Tendering Engineer based in our office in Haslingden. The salary will depend on experience and qualifications. Core hours for the role will be 40hrs/week Monday to Friday with additional hours if required. This role has arisen from the expansion of our successful Systems team and represents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will have tendering experience as well as a background associated with the design and manufacture of control systems.
Main duties will include:
- Working closely with the Sales team and engineering specialists
- Technical analysis of enquiries
- Commercial analysis
- Liaising with customers to clarify requirements
- Estimating costs of materials and labour
- Producing quotation documents and other supporting materials (GA, schedules, pre-qualification questionnaires) as required
- Pro-actively monitoring and following-up quotation submissions
- Carrying out technical handovers to engineering colleagues
- Working in accordance with company rules and procedures and quality management system
In order to improve the accuracy, efficiency and consistency of tenders, the role will include assistance with development of:
- A framework of up-to-date supplier pricing
- Common pricing tools
- Template activity costing schedule
- Template tender documentation
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following:
- Recent and demonstrable tendering experience in a similar industry
- Good commercial knowledge and experience
- An electrical and/or controls background
- Knowledge of PLC, HMI and/or SCADA is not necessary, but would be an advantage
- Highly self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work well with others
- Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality and timekeeping
- Excellent eye for detail, particularly in written documents, presentation
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of working to Quality systems ISO 9001
During busy periods, the role would be assisted by other engineers, but also there would be an expectation for the individual to be able to assist within the engineering team when not busy.
To apply, please send your current CV and covering letter including details of salary expectation.