The W H Good Group is a customer focused organisation that produces working partnerships which deliver real results. Our areas of operation span major industry sectors, with each of our operating units committed to demonstrating the value we can bring to client’s operations, through embracing change to drive continual improvement, knowledge transfer and deliver true innovation.
Our experience encompasses major new build developments, fit-out projects, regeneration & alternative use schemes, through to the upgrade and enhancement of existing facilities, across a broad range of sectors.
The Mechanical Estimator will provide detailed costs plans based upon conceptual documents as well as schematic, design development and construction documents for mainly design and build projects starting from RIBA stage 1, from all sectors of work ranging from £1m – £15m M&E packages.
- Provide and take the estimating and costing duties on all projects you are assigned to.
- Liaise closely with electrical and construction estimators to capture all scope.
- To populate a manual, take off with agreed schedule of rates.
- Produce costings with clarity on itemised prime costs and applied markups and margin.
- Preparation of RFIs to ensure clients’ requirements are clarified and achieved.
- Complying with all latest building regulations, statutory authority legislation.
- Correctly interpret the 3D model, drawings, and documents for takedown purposes.
- Assess buildability of the installation and provide proactive solutions where required including access equipment, lifting plant and site setup preliminaries.
- Estimate materials, plant, prelims, and labour to provide complete priced cost plans.
- Check quotes from suppliers and subcontractors are comprehensive and include all necessary elements.
- Check quote validity is in line with the current client offer.
- Liaising with clients to meet their design brief.
- Tender pricing from RIBA Stage 1– respond to tender queries, prepare, and submit competitive tender packages and quotations in accordance with the clients’ requirements.
- Reviewing tender documentation and preparation of accurate sub-contractor packages for pricing.
- Discuss with clients as necessary to clarify design requirements and explain basis of estimates to ensure bid proposals meet needs.
- Arrange sub-contractor enquiry documents to ensure accuracy and competitiveness of estimate.
- Drawing ‘take offs’ – take off quantities from drawings.
- Identifying value engineering solutions to create a commercial advantage over competitors.
- Participate in the design development to assess buildability, materials, innovation, and cost effectiveness of proposals.
- Provide high level pricing information early in the Tender for optioneering and budgeting exercises to ensure the most cost-effective solution offered.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness and knowledge of technical developments and new methods within the industry.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality, and timekeeping.
This role would suit someone who is looking for career progression within an organisation that can offer continued support and training towards a senior position within the industry. This is an opportunity to work within a fast-paced, growth business working on a wide range of interesting projects.
Package £50k – £60k (depending on experience) plus benefits.
Permanent PAYE position.
We are only able to consider applications from candidates who are currently entitled to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please send your current CV and covering letter including details of salary expectation.