Role: Panel Wireman
Job Type: Permanent, Hourly Paid
We are currently looking for an experienced electrical Panel Wireman to join our fast-paced team building Control Panels across a broad range of industries. The role will be based in our Workshop in Haslingden, working Monday to Friday, 37½ hrs/week with the possibility of overtime beyond the core business hours.
As a Panel Wireman, you will report to the Workshop Supervisor and carry out electrical wiring of control panel equipment in accordance with electrical schematic drawings, as well as perform mechanical assembly of back plate components and enclosures.
Typical duties will include:
- Wiring of electrical components including 3 phase LV power, control voltage, PLC system wiring and communications bus
- Some mechanical duties, such as drilling and fitting/assembly
- Reading electrical engineering drawings
- Liaising with the Workshop Supervisor to ensure that each job is completed in accordance with the design and to agreed timescales
- Electrical validation under the guidance of the design engineer
- Strictly adhering to the company’s health and safety rules
- Working in accordance with industry procedures and company quality management system
Some training may be provided, but ideally you will already have:
- A suitable electrical engineering qualification and/or apprenticeship
- Significant experience of electrical wiring, maintenance and/or installation
- Highly self-motivated and have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach to working activities
- Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality and timekeeping
- Experience of working under an ISO 9001 Quality Systems
To apply, please send your current CV and covering letter including details of salary expectation.